Broken Shadows Pack
Welcome to Broken Shadows! Please stay tuned for more infomation. We're in the process of configuring the site. Thank you. -Admin
Broken Shadows Pack
Welcome to Broken Shadows! Please stay tuned for more infomation. We're in the process of configuring the site. Thank you. -Admin
Broken Shadows Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OUR FIRST WINTER!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Reliquis wolf roleplay - Crazy Active
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:50 pm by Guest

» The Pack's Fates *Wolf RP*
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 12:53 am by Guest

» Perfect Eternity | Multi-Species | Fantasy RP
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 3:35 am by Guest

» | Incandescence |
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:40 pm by Guest

» Lunari Addunt - Literate Fantasy RP [LB]
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:42 pm by Guest

» [ wild reign ]
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 4:44 pm by Guest

» Here comes Half Tail.
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 7:22 am by Deltess Half Tail

» Site Plots & Ideas (All Welcome)
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyThu Nov 28, 2013 7:13 am by Deltess Half Tail

» Inactivity of our Members
A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 9:21 pm by Delta Achak

Important Links
Rules
Application
Advertise
Open Rankings
Guest Log In
Username »
Password »
Guest123
Statistics
Season » Winter
Birthing » Denied
Breeding » Allowed
Prey » Scarce
Meet the Staff
Site Owner, Alphess Alluri
Head Admin, Alphess Henoia
Head Admin, Beta Nazareth
Global Moderator, Delta Achak
Moderator, Deltess Half Tail
Census
Moonstone » 1 : 3
Essence » 2 : 1
Rogues» 0 : 1
Total » 3 : 5
Wolf of the Month
Sister Sites
Chatbox Rules
1) Abide by all site rules
2) Keep it drama free
3) No Advertising
4) Have Fun!

A Stranger in a Strange Land

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Delta Achak

Delta Achak

A Stranger in a Strange Land Empty
PostSubject: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 7:35 pm

(Sorry it's so short; I didn't have much to say at the moment.)

Stomach growling, filled with pain, the brown-black male was starving. He hadn't eaten in days, and felt like he was about to collapse. Stumbling around, his eyes grazed upon a small movement below a few brown leaves, ears flicking in response. A little nose poked out from beneath a clump of snow and Achak identified the creature as a squirrel. Muscles tensing, he prepared himself for a leap. The wolf pounced, the prey receiving a swift bite to the neck. He dropped it, watching as it twitched once and then its eyes glazed over. Dark aqua eyes blinked gratefully, glancing up to the sky for a moment. Millions of snowflakes and a silent sun awarded him with warmth and cold at the same time. Picking up the kill, he padded over to a shrub covered in white and settled under it, causing the snow to fall around him. His jaws opened to quench his hunger, when he smelled a familiar scent. He froze, knowing what it was; a wolf. By the smell of it, it was part of a pack. One more sniff, and his blood ran as cold as ice. The scent was marking a border. Also, it was a couple hours old, meaning someone was most-likely coming to remark it soon. But the worst thing; he was in their territory. The brown shadow glanced at the creature at his paws and huffed; he couldn't just eat their prey. His stomach protested with a grumble, the creature looking tastier by the second. Achak thought about it, considering his two options. He could either flee, or ask to join the pack. The thought of having a family over-joyed him. He had been on his own for almost two years. If he chose to flee, he could get caught. The male sat up, deciding what he would do. He waited, scanning his surroundings. He took a few steps back, exiting the territory. Glancing at the prey he left, he waited. It was so close, and he was so hungry. Tearing his gaze off of it, he continued to look around, noting all the escape routes if anything went bad with this encounter.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Alluri
Admin
Alphess Alluri

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 8:11 pm

The white females paws moved swiftly over the snow covered ground. The fresh snow was beautiful when it was laid across the land, but it had also made it hard for catching decent prey. Her usually semi-plump body was thinner, her rips showing slightly from under her snow white pelt. As she was patrolling and remarking her borders, a strong scent filled into her nose, a tiny growl rumbling in her throat. It was the smell of prey, but, it was freshly killed. How DARE someone hunt on the Alphess' borders. Picking up speed into a steady bound, she raced toward the smell. It wasn't too long before she identified it's surrounding scent as a male wolf. A young one, but still a male. Most males were hard to convince of borders, but the alphess was prepared for a fight. Her tail curled into a high arch, head held high, and white teeth were bared, foaming ever so slightly. As she raced on, soon enough, a dark furred male came into her view. But, the white female didn't hold back. Racing forward, she halted only a whisker from the rogues face, a loud, threatening growl ringing in the back of her throat. "You're trespassing". She snarled, her face so close that she assumed the male could almost taste her breath.

They were all hungry, she understood that. But there was no excuse for hunting on another wolves territory. They all had noses, there was no reason he couldn't sniff out the border, especially when the white female kept it so obviously marked. She held her ground. The growl never silencing, even when he explained himself, it hardly quieted. Only quiet enough to make out his voice and words. The Alphess wasn't usually so hostile, nor mean. But she was strict. And anyone who wished to join her pack would abide by her rules, and hunting on another's land...Well that was completely out of the question. This male would have to explain, and explain fast if he wished to keep his fur intact.

Word Count: 348
Back to top Go down
https://brokenshadowspack.rpg-board.net/
Delta Achak

Delta Achak

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 10:48 pm

The tall male waited patiently outside the border, shaking his head once in a while once the snow that collected on his muzzle grew plentiful. Before he even saw the white female approach, he could smell her. From what he could tell from the smell, she was the Alphess. His eyes met contact with hers, golden yellow meeting dark aqua, and he immediately felt attracted to her. She was beautiful, her pelt the color of the ground around them with a few marks of grey and brown. When she came a whisker-length away, he let her know that he was sorry and she had the dominance. He lowered his body and head, his thin stomach touching the cold ground, and his tail tucked beneath him. Tilting his head up slightly to look at her once more, he spoke with a smooth, yet strong voice, "I apologize, miss, I really do. I was hungry, killed the squirrel, and I didn't smell the border until I did so. I do not need the prey, so you should take it." Gently, he nudged the kill toward her with his muzzle, quick to get out of her territory once more. He noticed how her bones showed beneath her pelt, and though he was close to starving, he was a kind male and would, of course, offer her own prey. He didn't deny her claim, because he had trespassed, and was dumb enough to kill their creatures while in it. He didn't dare ask her to join her pack at that moment, because he still needed to explain himself. All he saw was anger towards him at the moment, nothing else. She obviously didn't share his sudden feelings, and he didn't expect her to. For all she knew, he was a stupid, inconsiderate brute. He looked to the dead rodent, deeper into her territory than where he left it, then back to the stunning female. He made sure his body was still submissive, staring at her with wide eyes. "I take full responsibility for being so rude and killing game on your territory," he breathed, his words muffled slightly by the snow in front of his muzzle. He was glad he had left the prey inside the borders, showing that he had been thoughtful enough to do so. He studied her closely, noticing a scar running across her right eye. He remembered the scar on his chest, but didn't speak up, letting her address him before he did anything.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Alluri
Admin
Alphess Alluri

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:29 pm

The male seemed respectful enough, lowering himself almost instantly. So, the Alphess backed off, though her tail remained in a large arch, her stance remaining dominant. She had to give him the respect, for he had left the kill in her territory, not a single bite taken out of it. They were all starving, surely if he were rude and didn't care about laws, he would have dug right in? The female sighed, her thoughts were right. The male did have some form of respect, whether she wanted to admit it or not, it was the truth. Now a tail length or so from the male, the white she wolf lowered her haunches to the ground. She wanted to wince at how cold it felt on her rump, but she held back, knowing better of it. The best thing she could do right now was not crack, not break, not show a single ounce of her real self, or this male could take it as a weakness and start a fight.

A fight was not needed, especially not now when it was obvious they were both starving. It was the prime of winter, everything was. Even the prey was wearing thin. The Alphess looked down at the thin squirrel that the male had been kind enough to offer to her, but with a shake of her head she pushed it back. "It's your kill. You can eat it. But, next time no hunting on my territory, or you won't be walking off un wounded, or maybe even without your life." Her words were true, he had killed it, yes, he should eat it. But she did it more as to not look weak, to not show how starving and hungry she really was. Her voice remained strong, but a little less dominant now. The white wolf shook her head slightly, shaking the snow that had gathered on her muzzle. "Why are you so close to my borders anyway? And what is your name?" She flicked her ears forward, waiting for the male to respond.

Word Count:354
Back to top Go down
Beta Nazareth
Admin
Beta Nazareth

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:40 pm

(I wanted to join, if you don't want me too, I can delete this. I was just getting bored. Also, I enacted a time skip for Nazareth being the Beta. Any questions or if I am not welcomed here, please let me know.)

Nazareth began to drag his paws through the deep snow and it seemed relentless as it fell heavily from the sky. Winter was not always his favorite season, but when everything was white, it almost seemed pure void of all the toxins and horrible things in their world. Long legs padded on as he approached the border, each scent finding it's way to his nose. Upon the freshly fallen snow, he could smell the border line marked by his alphess, and the new scents of the Alphessa and another wolf. As he inhaled, he drew in a conclusion that it was male. Nazareth being the type of male, glorified on his old fashioned ways, felt it was proper to assist his Alphess at all costs. Then again, he was a little jealous of the female, always wanting to protect her no matter her rank. Nazareth respect the fact that she was his leader, the Alphess of the pack and more than capable of ruling her lands on her own. It had nothing to do with winning her over or wanting the rank of Alpha, it was solely on the behalf that Nazareth had grown fond of the female and their relationship together as friends.

Dipping his head low, he emerged from the covered shrubbery and kept his head low, but not low enough to show the young male that he was beneath him but out of respect because he was intruding their conversation. Slowly, his hind quarters made contact with the soft wet ground and his tail curled around his cold paws. Sitting tall with his shoulders back, he looked distiguished against the two of them, but he showed no signs of dominace; only a proper attitude. From where the Alphess stood, he was placed a few feet behind her on her right side, his eyes peering towards the new male. As he listened to the Alphess speak, he figured that it was best to address himself before the new male got nervous.

"Afternoon, pardon my inrtrusion. The name is Nazareth, Beta to the Alphess before you." It was then he eyed the kill, it had been days since they had eaten and his mouth began to water. Surely, if the male was to join their ranks, his hunting skills would benefit them. The ability to catch and kill a squirrel in the heart of winter. Nazareth would have given up or just walked away. "Looks like you have some drive, Kid. Oh, to be young." The voice was soft as he made light of the situation, trying to get his Alphess to relax. Knowing that the male was of no harm now that he was here, he could just sit back in the ranks and watch the unfolding begin.

Nazareth knew how strict Alluri could be, but still, they needed the members. The young male would have to prove himself and surely the newly appointed Beta would be able to train and teach him the ways of the pack, and all that he himself had grown to learn over the years. It was lonesome these days for him, not having the companionship and fellow brothership that he once had, and will never have again. Nazareth closed his eyes and lowed his head once more, the pain in his chest aching as he recalled the last years events. "Win her over Kid, I am rooting for you." Nazareth smiled as he looked toward Alluri who was still a little on edge, then his laughter burst forth from his chest and he stood up, his tail lightly wagging. "Ma'am, if I may be so bold, but he is young. Not accustomed to the life and surely means no harm. Let down your guard a bit, he knows that we are above him, and I am sure he is just looking for a home. You know, it wasn't that long ago when I came to you, and you let me in." His voice sincere as he stood by the newcomer.
Back to top Go down
Delta Achak

Delta Achak

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 9:53 pm

The male kept his submission clear, letting the cold seep throughout his body, his legs beginning to tremble in the unnatural stance. He shifted his body a little to the side, letting his stomach hold himself up now. He watched the Alphess closely, and when she said he could have the kill, he mentally refused. He saw her stance, how she was skinny and needed food, and then he saw the way she looked at it. He shook his head softly, looking straight into her eyes. "I'm sorry ma'am, but I must respectfully decline. You seem to need it more than me." He made no move to take the kill, as he offered it to her once more. He decided he wouldn't eat it; he didn't need it as bad as she did. He watched, waiting expectantly for her to eat the small creature. Suddenly, his keen nose, that somehow missed the border, smelled a male approaching. He didn't feel unnerved, but he didn't know what to feel. The wolf's age was given away by his fur which was slightly graying, and the way he addressed Achak. 'Kid' was the word he used, and it made the younger male slightly angered, but he said nothing as a reaction. The Beta didn't seem to have any bad intention, just trying to be kind. He had already noticed that he was slightly older than the fae, causing her to be the youngest there. Then, Nazar mentioned 'winning her over' and the brown wolf glanced to the Alphess, his eyes wide in the spoken assumption. He said nothing, until the female asked him a question. "My name is Achak. I truly do apologize, but my presence at your border was truly a coincidence," he glanced at the male, listening to how he mentioned joining the pack before replying once more, "and it seems a good one." He noticed this seemed to be a small pack, if the older male was already Beta and just joined. He knew there was a position right below Beta; Delta. He tilted his head--which didn't seem like a change from the stance he was in at the moment--and thought about what it would be like to be in a high rank like such.

Last edited by Achak on Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alphess Alluri
Admin
Alphess Alluri

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:06 pm

The female had been so focused on the male that she had not noticed her Beta approaching until he was right on them. He seemed fine at first, but when his maw began to laugh, a low growl of warning rung in the Alphess' throat. She was in no mood for games or jokes. The wolf in front of her may hold no harm, but the ways must be taught. And they would need to be taught quickly. So let the male laugh, but the Alphess would not take such a thing. Especially when the squirrel had been killed on her plot of land. The beta's tail was wagging and it only angered the female more. Rising to her paws, her tail now regained the dominant arch position, the growl now louder in her throat. In a matter of paces, she was muzzle to muzzle with her Beta. "Watch your tongue, Nazareth. You are Beta for a reason. You know how my pack is run, and how the rules work. If he hadn't killed on the land, I would. Don't make me regret the rank I gave you with open paws. Now, keep your maw shut, or you can head back to the dens." Now the female was really fired up, annoyed and ready to burst. Her fangs were bared, saliva dripping slightly from her lips as her hard amber eyes met Nazareth's. She ran her tongue over her fangs once more, before the growl seized and she turned her attention back to the rogue at hand.

Any more remarks from her Beta would not be tolerated. Though, the rogue now know as Achak's rejection of food made Alluri's fur itch. No obviously hungry wolf should reject food. But, the female was in no more mood to argue, so she simply dipped her head. "Fine. Expecting you want to join the pack, tell me some of your strengths and weaknesses, and the rank you desire. The rest can be settled from there." Though the she wolf was starving, she only picked up the squirrel to move it to a position where it wouldn't lose it's warmth too quickly. She was a respectful wolf, she would never eat in front of the others.

Still quite irritated, Alluri remained on all four paws, her ears were aggressively moved forward and her tail still curled.She was far to annoyed to relax now, those chances were gone. Now all she wanted to do was get this over with, get home, eat, and get some much needed rest.

Word Count:434
Back to top Go down
Beta Nazareth
Admin
Beta Nazareth

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 10:31 pm

Speech Thought

The words she spoke were harsher than he had ever heard from her, but he did not move, not even flinch. Even as she snarled his way, Nazareth knew that he was out of line, but he could remember being young once. They needed the numbers and all he was trying to do was make it easier. As she began to calm down, her words rang true, and he was slighty annoyed that she was irritated. Gently his right ear flicked in the direction of the new male, Achak. *Strange name.* He thought, now side tracked from his Alphess's words. Wanting to say something, he figured it would be best at this time to just walk away. Turning his head to Achak, he smiled, and then bounded off. Although she was Alphess, he still had a slight issue with his being authoritive to a female and being beneath her.

"Good luck, Kid." Nazareth's words were soft as he left the scene, surely his tail would be chewed for the braisen remarks and outspoken attitude today. Sleep was upon his eyes now, as he carried his heavy body back to the den, where he posted outside awaiting Alluri to return. Awaiting her words of punishment and the hope that she wouldn't strip him of his rank. Lying upon the cold snow he embraced the weather and waiting patiently, watching the sky go from azul to navy, letting the snow pile over him, burying him beneath the snow in a dusting.
Back to top Go down
Delta Achak

Delta Achak

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 11:28 pm

The male was surprised, the way she snapped at her highest-ranking packmate, and his body turned, submission still clear, but he was ready to separate the two if a fight occurred. He didn't know each of them well, but he was ready to take measures so neither of them got hurt. The sky got darker as the time passed, and the brown male stayed quiet until the Alphess addressed him. He started with strengths, thinking carefully before saying each one, "Since a pup, I've known how to fight and hunt. I shall not bore you with such details as to my history, unless you chose to know." He blinked, thinking once more. "Loyalty and respect," he began, his eyes twinkling at the reply that he was sure not many other wolves could think of, "I can offer you traits, like such, that would help and excel your pack in a positive way." He watched her carefully, contemplating on whether he should ask for the rank he truly desired. Achak straightened ever so slightly—mostly due to the ache lowered submission was beginning to place within his buckled limbs, though also due to the pride and confidence he held in his words. "I wish for Delta, miss. I understand if you would not like to give such a rank, but it would give me..." he paused, looking straight to the Alphess. He thought she was beautiful, even though he knew she didn't think of him the same way. He never finished his thought, letting his gaze rest on the female as he knew she would know what he meant.
Back to top Go down
Alphess Alluri
Admin
Alphess Alluri

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land EmptyWed Oct 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Her tail twitched slightly on the end as she watched her Beta say a short farewell to Achak. Her tail relaxed a bit once he was gone, allowing a mental sigh of relief to escape her. That was something she could not worry about until later on tonight, when she would obviously have to confront Nazareth of his mistake and how he stepped out of line. Amber eyes focused on the males dark ones as he began to speak again, answering her questions now. His body was still lightly submitted, giving the white wolf a more relaxed position. A Delta seemed like a perfect rank for him, but would he prove himself worthy of it? They had already had a bumpy start meeting on the border, and now that Naz was showing some odd acting signs, she wasn't sure she wanted to just be passing out high ranks. But, the pack was still fresh, they would need all the members they could get. And plus, if he proved unworthy she could always just bump him down a few ranks. "Very well. Delta it is. I am only handing this out to you because you seem to be an excellent hunter, but prove me wrong and your rank could easily shoot down to something as low as Omega. Welcome to the Moonstone pack, I am Alphess Alluri." Her tail flicked before she dipped her head to the male, picking up the squirrel she had been given and turned to head back to her den for a much needed rest.

(OOC: You can post his exit, then we will end the thread here. Since we allow liquid time, you can have as many threads as you want, so feel free to post anywhere. If you want a post between just him and Alluri, send me a message and we can discuss. c:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Stranger in a Strange Land   A Stranger in a Strange Land Empty

Back to top Go down

A Stranger in a Strange Land
Page 1 of 1